By joining the Ipsos iris panel, using the Ipsos iris APP or VPN or Browser extension or using the Ipsos iris website, you accept that you must abide by these Terms and Conditions along with the Ipsos iris Panel Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions, so please ensure you read these Terms and Conditions regularly (on the website irispanel.ipsos.com)
Membership of the Panel:
- Is restricted to individuals aged 15 or over, resident in the United Kingdom.
- Ipsos MORI reserves the right to refuse any membership applications and/or terminate membership without giving a reason.
- Membership is free and is personal to you. You may not transfer your membership to anyone else.
- You will NOT be eligible to join (or if already a member, remain a member of) the Ipsos iris panel if:
You, or any of your immediate family members, are employees of Ipsos MORI or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates.
You have already signed up to the Ipsos iris panel. duplicate memberships will be excluded from the panel and will not be eligible for any incentives.
You are already a member of another market research panel (with Ipsos MORI or any other organisation) which involves the installation of a research app or using a VPN on your smartphone, computer or tablet.
- In the case that you provide fraudulent or inaccurate data, you will be removed from the panel.
To the extent permitted by law, Ipsos MORI shall not be liable for any losses, costs or expenses, (including indirect, consequential or incidental losses, costs or damages) howsoever caused, arising out of your membership of the Ipsos iris panel, your use of Ipsos iris app, your use of the Ipsos iris VPN or your use of the Ipsos iris website, or use of any additional Ipsos research apps.
Panel members are required to download and install one or more of Ipsos’s research apps, VPNs or browser extensions. Please be aware that Ipsos will collect browsing information of anyone who is using the device.
Participation in the Ipsos iris panel involves installation of the:
Ipsos iris blue APP on an Android Smartphone
Ipsos iris orange App and VPN on Android/ Windows Tablets and OSX/MacOS devices
Ipsos iris orange VPN on an iPhone
You are also required to install the Ipsos iris APP and/or Ipsos iris VPN on your own personal computer(s) and/or tablet(s).
By installing the APPs and/or VPNs you are required to agree to:
- Informing any other users of the device(s) about this APP/VPN/Browser extension
- Having obtained the consent of any other users of the device on which this APP/VPN/Browser extension is installed to these Terms.
- Ipsos MORI inviting you to complete short market research questionnaires
- Your data being used for data modelling, but only once it has been anonymised to ensure your privacy
As part of your membership of the Ipsos iris panel, we encourage you to participate honestly and responsibly.
To help ensure responsible behaviour, you must NOT use this Panel to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Ipsos MORI official, Panel leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
The Information collected by the Apps/ VPN/ Browser extension could include:
- Your location
- Information about your device: Your phone number, email address and Android Advertiser ID, together with other Information about your mobile device, such as when and for how long you charge it, how much battery power is left, whether it is switched on or off, in sleep mode and when the screen is locked or the device is active. The information about the device includes make, model, its IMEI or UID, operating system (e.g. iOS, Android) and device advertiser ID (Android ADID/)
- How you use it: The date, time and duration of any calls you make or receive on your mobile device; together with the date and time you send any text messages. Please note we do NOT collect or record the content of your calls, messages or the phone numbers used.
- Ipsos iris blue only: Network information: Information about which mobile network(s) you connect to, the locations of the mobile network signal tower used to connect, together with details of any Wi-Fi connections you use, signal strength and at what times you connect and use them. It also records the amount of data sent or received by your device during each data collection period.
- Time spent using internet, including: Websites/Apps visited/used. How the Website/App is accessed (e.g. navigated to it, redirected to it or clicked on a hyperlink). Reporting on the in-app content consumption of Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds, plus potentially Spotify in the future. Information on Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) capture.
- Total amount of data sent or received.
- The audio signal of some TV and Radio stations that identifies the station and the time that you view or listen to each one.
Ipsos iris panel Apps/ VPN/ Browser extension
The Ipsos iris panel Apps/ VPN/ Browser extension include:
- The Ipsos iris blue App for Android Smartphones, which panel members are required to install on their own personal Android smartphone
- The Ipsos iris orange app, which panel members are required to install on their Android tablets
- The Ipsos iris orange Browser extension, which panel members are required to install on their own personal computer(s) and/or tablet(s)
- The Ipsos iris orange VPN, which panel members are required to install on their own personal iPhone smartphone and/or iPad tablet(s)
App/VPN/Browser extension provider
The Ipsos iris Apps and/or VPNs and/or Browser extensions have been made available to you by Ipsos MORI UK Ltd for and on behalf of the Ipsos worldwide group of research companies. Ipsos MORI UK Ltd.’s registered address is 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, UK and it is registered in England and Wales under number 01860855. Ipsos MORI is a Company Partner member of the UK Market Research Society (MRS) and complies with the MRS’s Code of Conduct.
The Apps/VPNs/Browser extensions are made available to you for free; however, the Apps send small amounts of data over the internet at intervals – usually less than 1mb per day for the Ipsos iris blue app (an average mp3 music file is 3 mb). However, this may be more or less, depending on how much you use your device. Depending on how your mobile network provider and/or Internet Service Provider charges you for data use, you may be charged by your provider when the App connects to the internet.
The Apps/VPNs/Browser extensions remain the property of Ipsos. You must NOT make copies of the Apps/VPNs/Browser extensions, give the Apps/VPNs/Browser extensions to someone else, or try to sell them, make them available for other people to use or distribute them in any other way. You must not remove or attempt to alter any copyright, proprietary or legal notices contained within the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension. Nor are you permitted to attempt to decompile, reverse engineer or attempt to modify the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension in any way.
You can only use the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension on your own personal devices. If someone else owns the devices, or pays the bills for the devices, you must have permission from the owner or person who pays the bills BEFORE you install the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension.
The Ipsos iris panel and the panel website, referred to as “the Panel” are owned and controlled by Ipsos MORI UK Limited (Company No: 01640855), commonly known as “Ipsos MORI”. Ipsos MORI is a specialist market research agency and part of the Ipsos world-wide group of market research companies.
Ipsos MORI is a member of the Market Research Society and, as such, abides by the Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct and supporting market research regulations and guidelines.
Warranties and Liability
The App/VPN/Browser extension and all content, functionality and features within it are provided “as is” and without warranties or representations of any kind either expressed or implied. To the greatest extent permitted by law, Ipsos MORI disclaims all warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose and that content, information displayed in or on the App/VPN/Browser extension is accurate, complete up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party.
While we use reasonable efforts to ensure that the App/VPN/Browser extension is free from viruses and other malicious code, neither we nor any other party involved in producing or delivering the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension assumes any responsibility, or liability for any viruses or other malicious code that may infect your device passively as a result of downloading, installing or using the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension. Except where required by applicable law, Ipsos MORI shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful code that they access from or via the Apps or VPNs or Browser extension.
Save in respect of any liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence, Ipsos MORI shall not be liable for any damages, loss or injury arising in connection with these Terms and/or your use of, or the inability to use, the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension, or any function of the Apps/VPNs/Browser extension, howsoever caused.
The Panel, and the information made available to you through the Panel website and other communications, may be protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by Ipsos, you are not permitted to rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Panel or the Software, in whole or in part.
You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Panel (including your Panel username), any content within the Panel, your use of the Panel or your access to it.
Incentives will be offered to participants for agreeing to take part in the Ipsos iris panel and who install the required APP/VPN/Browser extension on any devices they regularly use to access the internet.
Incentives will be offered to participants for agreeing to take part in the Ipsos iris panel and who install the required APP/VPN/Browser extension on any devices they regularly use to access the internetIncentives will be paid at the beginning of each calendar month and will depend on the compliance of each device during the previous full calendar month. Incentives may be withheld if a device has not met the expected amount of usage for extended periods of time.
To be remain eligible for your rewards you need to:
- Carry your Smartphone (with the Ipsos iris APP or VPN running) with you at all times of the day, including from room to room whilst at home, for the whole of the period you participate in this study.
- Ensure your Smartphone is switched on at all times, including whilst charging.
- Charge your Smartphone only when needed and avoid daytime charging.
- Ensure your Smartphone is connected to the internet at least daily via Wi-Fi or mobile internet.
- Install Ipsos iris App/VPN/Browser extension to any other devices you use to access the internet.
For more information on the panel rewards please visit the Rewards page.
Links to other websites
The Panel website may provide links to other Websites or online resources. Because Ipsos MORI has no control over such sites and resources we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or resources.
We cannot guarantee the availability of such external sites or resources, nor do we endorse any content, advertising, products, cookies, website tags or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
You acknowledge and agree that Ipsos MORI shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
In order to access some of the Panel features and/or content, you may need to have Flash player 7 installed on your computer. You may also need to ensure your Internet browser accepts use of Java Script and cookies. Emails sent by Ipsos MORI will be in HTML format, as this allows us to send panellists more elaborate communications. For example, photos or graphics can be inserted or text can be formatted.
If you no longer wish to take part in our research you may remove yourself from the Panel at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails you receive from us.
Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request removal and you will be removed from our Panel list. You can also contact us by SMS or phone, using the contact details in Section 11 [Ipsos iris team contacts].
You will need to follow uninstallation instructions found here to remove the APP/VPN/browser extension from your device(s). Failure to uninstall the APP/VPN/Browser extension may result in data continuing to be sent to our servers after you leave the panel.
Ipsos MORI reserves the right to refuse any membership applications and/or terminate membership without giving a reason.
Ipsos MORI will close the Panel when the research programme ends or is cancelled. Ipsos MORI will inform all panel members by email of the Panel being closed, at which point your access to it will cease. Ipsos MORI reserves the right to refuse any membership applications and/or terminate membership without giving a reason. You will need to follow uninstallation instructions found here to remove the app/VPN from your device(s).
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Ipsos iris team contacts
You can contact the Ipsos iris team by sending an email to email@example.com or calling on their Freephone helpline 08000 149464 or sending a SMS on 07507303032.
Alternatively, you can also contact them by writing to:
Ipsos iris Panel
Harrow HA1 1PT